10 reasons WordPress is ideal for small businesses
23 March 2017
Why is WordPress ideal for small businesses?
WordPress is an open source content management system. It now powers 27% of all sites on the Internet which is an impressive statistic. It’s continually developed and refined by hundreds of people across the globe to ensure it remains one of the best content management tools available. CEB Creative offers WordPress website design and build services in Northamptonshire.
The WordPress CMS offers many features and benefits for small businesses.
1. It’s very user-friendly and great for non-techy people
2. It’s extendable (there are 1,000s of plugins that extend its core functionality)
3. It’s compliant with web standards
4. It’s secure and reliable (providing you use secure passwords)
5. It has great additional tools for SEO
And in terms of day-to-day site management WordPress helps make it easy for small businesses.
6. Manage all your site content through an easy-to-use editor
7. Upload images, PDFs and media files for inclusion on pages
8. Write and publish blog articles so you get found in Google searches
9. Manage your own SEO
10. Collect visitor sign-ups for HTML marketing
One of the biggest benefits of WordPress is that it can be moulded into whatever you need it to be, from a simple small business site to an online shop, this means that your website can grow as your business needs it to – you won’t get to a point with your site where you’ll need to start again with something different.
A self-hosted WordPress site will give you complete freedom
The self-hosted version of WordPress is available for free over at wordpress.org. You can then arrange your own hosting requirements and set the WordPress install up on your own or a managed hosting environment. I offer both standard and premium managed hosting for all my WordPress clients. This means I take care of all the technical hosting set up and management for you.
When a site is built using the self-hosted version of WordPress, there are very few limits to what can be achieved. You can:
- Make your site look exactly how you want it to with a bespoke WordPress theme build.
- Add lots of features and functionality using one of the more than 49,489 plugins available.
- Manage all your content and media files.
If you choose to create your self-hosted WordPress site with CEB Creative, I will act as your trusted partner and be in place to manage the technical side of your website. I will manage the process of setting up and configuring your WordPress install and bespoke theme build. Once your site is complete I can also offer ad-hoc support moving forward.
WordPress may be user-friendly and there may be many useful free resources online, but there’s still a lot to learn. It’s well worth the investment to hire a WordPress expert like me to help guide you through the process and make sure everything is done properly.
Thanks to its flexibility and low price, WordPress is really the best site builder for small business. That said, there are other options.
WordPress is primarily a content management system. It’s closest competitors are Joomla, Drupal and Blogger but WordPress developers seem to have mastered the fine balance between powerful functionality and ease-of-use best of all.
When it comes to selecting a feature-rich, affordable site builder for most small business, WordPress is one of the best choices you can make.
Learning to make the most of WordPress can be challenging so contact me to discuss your website requirements today!